Dr. rer. pol. Susan Lee, M.A. Sociology
Susan Lee is a sociologist and researcher in medical sociology at IMVR. She holds dual Bachelor’s degrees in Sociology and Psychology and a Master’s degree in Sociology (Lehigh University in Pennsylvania, USA).
She completed her Ph.D at the University of Cologne in the DFG-funded Research Training Group GK SOCLIFE “Social Orders and Life Chances in International Comparison”. Her research focused on the adaptation outcomes of immigrant youth in Europe and the influence of individual and contextual variables on the outcomes.
Since March 2018, she has been working as a researcher at IMVR, where she leads the project EMMA-NRW (Evaluation and Survey of Patients with Mamma carcinoma in the NRW Breast Centers). In addition, she works as the teaching coordinator of Medical Sociology at the Faculty of Medicine.
- Cross-contextual comparisons
- Social inequalities
- Quantitative methods
- EMMA-NRW – Evaluation and Survey of Patients with Mammary carcinoma in the NRW Breast Centers
- Follow-Up Survey of Breast Cancer Patients 12 Months after Primary Breast Cancer Surgery
- Experienced aggression in children’s hospitals
- Cecon, N., Pfaff, H., Lee, S. & Dresen, A. (2020). A salutogenic model predicting the need for psycho-oncological care and its utilisation – The role of generalised resistance resources and sense of coherence. Eur. J. Cancer Care,00:e13335. http://doi.org/10.1111/ecc.13335
- Lee, S., Groß, S., Pfaff, H., & Dresen, A. (2020). Waiting time, communication quality, and patient satisfaction: An analysis of moderating influences on the relationship between perceived waiting time and the satisfaction of breast cancer patients during their inpatient stay. Patient Education and Counseling (PEC), 103(4), 819- 825. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.pec.2019.11.018
- Lee, S., Gross, S., Pfaff, H., & Dresen, A. (2019). Differences in Perceived Waiting Time by Health Insurance Type in the Inpatient Sector: An Analysis of Patients With Breast Cancer in Germany. INQUIRY: The Journal of Health Care Organization, Provision and Financing. https://doi.org/10.1177/0046958019875897
- Lee, S., Groß. S., Pfaff, H., & Dresen, A. (2019). Waiting time, communivation quality, and patient satisfaction: An analysis of moderating influences on the relationship betwenn perceived waiting time and the satisfaction of breast cancer patients during their inpatient stay. Patient Education and Counseling (PEC), 103(4), 819-825. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2019.11.018
- Nowak, M., Lee, S., Karbach, U., Pfaff, H., & Groß, S. E. (2019). Short length of stay and the discharge process. Preparing breast cancer patients appropriately. Patient Education and Counseling, 102(12), 2318-2324. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2019.08.012