After studying Speech and Language Therapy at the University of Cologne, Sandra Salm worked as a therapist in a practice in Frankfurt am Main. From 2015 to 2017, she completed a Master’s degree in Health Services Science at the University of Cologne, graduating “with distinction”. Her main areas of study were quantitative methods in social research, methodology of clinical epidemiology and biostatistics as well as medical sociology.
For her master’s thesis, she validated the German version of the Transsexual Voice Questionnaire for Male-to-Female Transsexuals (TVQMtF) – now Trans Woman Voice Questionnaire (TWVQ) – an instrument for assessing voice-related quality of life in trans* women.
During her studies, she worked as a student assistant at the University of Cologne. First, at the department Communicative Participation and Inclusion at the Chair of Speech and Language Pathology then at the IMVR in the project OrgValue.
Sandra Salm has been a research assistant at the IMVR since October 2017. There she is part of the external evaluation team in the project isPO (integrated, cross-sector Psycho-oncology). In December 2018, she was accepted into the PhD programme “Interdisciplinary Program Health Sciences” at the Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne. Her PhD project deals with the participation of patients in health services research using the example of psycho-oncology.
- Patient participation in (psycho-oncological) health services research
- One-to-one peer support
- Voice-related quality of life in trans women
- Evaluation research (quantitative and qualitative Methods & Mixed Methods)
- Claims data analysis and data linkage
- Integrated, cross-sectoral Psycho-Oncology (isPO)
- Weiterentwicklung des isPO-Onkolots:innenansatzes für die Regelversorgung
- Salm, S., Mollenhauer, J., Hornbach, C., Cecon, N., Dresen, A., Houwaart, S., … & Krieger, T. (2021). Participatory Development and Preliminary Psychometric Properties of the User-Friendly Patient Information Material Checklist (UPIM-Check). International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(16), 8773. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18168773
- Salm, S., Blaschke, K., Ihle, P., Schubert, I., Dresen, A., Pfaff, H., Scholten, N. (2021). Mental disorders and utilization of mental health services in newly diagnosed cancer patients: an analysis of German health insurance claims data.Psycho-Oncology, 30(3), 312-320. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.5579
- Salm, S., & Neumann, S. (2020). Prädiktoren stimmbezogener Lebensqualität und stimmlicher Selbstwahrnehmung von trans* Frauen. Sprache · Stimme · Gehör, 44(4), 209-215. https://doi.org/10.1055/a-0833-7859
- Salm, S., Hower, K., Neumann, S., & Ansmann, L. (2020). Validation of the German Version of the Transsexual Voice Questionnaire for Male-to-Female Transsexuals. Journal of Voice, 34(1), 68-77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2018.06.010
- Salm, S., Hartrampf, J., & Neumann, S. (2018). Die Erfassung stimmbezogener Lebensqualität (VrQoL) – ein systematisches Review publizierter Assessments. Forschung Sprache, 6(2), 3-31. https://www.forschung-sprache.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/Dateien/Heftausgaben/2018-2/Forschung_Sprache_2_2018_Salm_Hartrampf_Neumann_2.pdf