Dr. Barbara Schellenberger
Dr. Barbara Schellenberger is a speech therapist (BSc) and studied health services science (MSc) at the University of Cologne from 2016 to 2019. Afterwards, she worked as a research assistant at the Research Center for Health Communication and Health Services Research at the University Hospital Bonn. In her PhD, she focused on communication and interaction in multidisciplinary tumor conferences.
Since 2023, Barbara Schellenberger has been working as a research associate at the IMVR.
- Health services research in oncology
- Person centered communication
- Participative decision-making (shared-decision-making)
- Heuser C, Schellenberger B, Ernstmann N, Diekmann A, Krüger E, Schreiber L et al. Shared-Decision-Making Experiences in Breast Cancer Care with and without Patient Participation in Multidisciplinary Tumor Conferences: A Mixed-Methods-Study. J Multidiscip Healthc, 2023;16: 397–409. doi: 10.2147/JMDH.S397300.
- Schellenberger B, Heuser C, Diekmann A, Ernstmann N, Schippers A, Geiser F et al. How shared is decision-making in multidisciplinary tumour conferences with patient participation? An observational study. Health Expect, 2022;25(6): 3297–3306. doi: 10.1111/hex.13638.
- Schellenberger B, Heuser C, Diekmann A, Ansmann L, Krüger E, Schreiber L et al. Patient participation in multidisciplinary tumor conferences in breast and gynecological cancer care: How patient-centered is the communication? Psychooncology, 2022;31(9): 1597–1606. doi: 10.1002/pon.5999.
- Schellenberger B, Heuser C, Diekmann A, Ansmann L, Krüger E, Schreiber L et al. Questions and emotional expressions from patients and companions while participating in multidisciplinary tumor conferences in breast and gynecological cancer centers. Patient Educ Couns, 2022;105(7): 2058–2066. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2021.12.010.
- Ansmann L, Heuser C, Diekmann A, Schellenberger B, Biehl C, Danaei M et al. Patient participation in multidisciplinary tumor conferences: How is it implemented? What is the patients’ role? What are patients’ experiences? Cancer Med, 2021;10(19): 6714–6724. doi: 10.1002/cam4.4213.
- Bohmeier B, Schellenberger B, Diekmann A, Ernstmann N, Ansmann L, Heuser C. Opportunities and limitations of shared decision making in multidisciplinary tumor conferences with patient participation – A qualitative interview study with providers. Patient Educ Couns, 2021;104(4): 792–799. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2020.09.007.
- Diekmann A, Schellenberger B, Reck S, Heuser C, Geiser F, Wirtz M et al. Is patient participation in multidisciplinary tumor conferences associated with their fear of progression? Psychooncology, 2021;30(9): 1572–1581. doi: 10.1002/pon.5733.
- Reck S, Diekmann A, Heuser C, Schellenberger B, Ansmann L, Wirtz MA et al. Is patient participation in multidisciplinary tumour conferences associated with their information needs? A multicentre prospective observational study. BMJ Open, 2021;11(9): e049199. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2021-049199.
- Schellenberger B, Diekmann A, Heuser C, Gambashidze N, Ernstmann N, Ansmann L. Decision-Making in Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards in Breast Cancer Care – An Observational Study. J Multidiscip Healthc, 2021;14: 1275–1284. doi: 10.2147/JMDH.S300061.
- Diekmann A, Heuser C, Schellenberger B, Bohmeier B, Holmberg C, Ansmann L et al. Patient participation in multidisciplinary tumor conferences: Providers’ perceptions of patients’ need satisfaction and emotional experiences. Psychooncology, 2020;29(8): 1263–1271. doi: 10.1002/pon.5413.
- Heuser C, Diekmann A, Schellenberger B, Bohmeier B, Kuhn W, Karbach U et al. Patient Participation in Multidisciplinary Tumor Conferences from the Providers’ Perspective: Is It Feasible in Routine Cancer Care? J Multidiscip Healthc, 2020;13: 1729–1739. doi: 10.2147/JMDH.S283166.