Dr. Marina Beckmann, M.Sc. Psychology
Marina Beckmann is a psychologist. Since March 2015 she has been working as a research associate at the IMVR. She is currently coordinating the research project “eCoCo” and is particularly interested in the associations between hospital processes and interprofessional teamwork. In addition, her focus is on digitization processes in hospitals. Within her research for her doctoral dissertation she focused on the patient-centered design of organizational structures and processes in health care facilities. The research focused on the discharge process in breast cancer centers and the method of process optimization Value Stream Mapping.
Marina Beckmann studied psychology from 2008 to 2014, at Maastricht University, Flinders University in Adelaide, and Georg August Universität Göttingen. In her master thesis, she studied stress management strategies and resilience of trainees in systemic counseling. She is currently trainee for systemic counseling at IF Weinheim.
- Organisationsbezogene Versorgungsforschung
- Digitalisierung im Gesundheitswesen
- Organisationsentwicklung in Versorgungseinrichtungen/Krankenhäusern
- Value Stream Mapping und Lean Management in Versorgungseinrichtungen
- Evaluation komplexer Interventionen
- eCoCo – Electronic patient record (EpR) and its effects on social aspects of interprofessional collaboration and clinical workflows in hospitals
- Value Stream Mapping in Breast Cancer Centers – a solution approach to improve the discharge process „VaMB“
- Value Stream Mapping in Care Facilities – an Evidence-Based Intervention of Organizational Development?
- Beckmann, M., Dittmer, K., Jaschke, J., Karbach, U., Köberlein-Neu, J., Nocon, M., … & Pfaff, H. (2021). Electronic patient record and its effects on social aspects of interprofessional collaboration and clinical workflows in hospitals (eCoCo): a mixed methods study protocol. BMC Health Services Research, 21(1), 1-10.
- Nowak, M., Swora, M., Karbach, U., Pfaff, H., & Ansmann, L. (2021). Associations between hospital structures, processes and patient experiences of preparation for discharge in breast cancer centers: A multilevel analysis. Health care management review, 46(2), 98-110.
- Nowak, M., Lee, S., Karbach, U., Pfaff, H., & Gross, S. E. (2019). Short length of stay and the discharge process: preparing breast cancer patients appropriately. Patient education and counseling, 102(12), 2318-2324.
- Wirtz, M. A., Bitzer, E. M., Albert, U. S., Ansmann, L., Bögel, M., Ernstmann, N., … & Vollmar, H. C. (2019). DNVF-Memorandum III–Methoden für die Versorgungsforschung, Teil 4–Konzept und Methoden der organisationsbezogenen Versorgungsforschung. Das Gesundheitswesen, 81(03), e82-e91.
- Nowak, M., Pfaff, H., & Karbach, U. (2017). Does Value Stream Mapping affect the structure, process, and outcome quality in care facilities? A systematic review. Systematic reviews, 6(1), 1-11.