Anna Volkert studied Social Sciences (Bachelor of Science) and Sociology and Empirical Research (Master of Science) at the University of Cologne and graduated in 2016. Her studies were focused on old-age research, social policy as well as economic psychology.
During her studies, she worked as a project manager at the Evaluation Centre of the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences and as a student assistant at the Institute of Sociology and Social Research. She was responsible for the tutorials “Anthropological Foundation of Social Policy” and “Ageing and Social Space in the Welfare Mix”.
Since October 2016, Anna Volkert has been working as a research assistant at IMVR. In her research projects “The acute care hospital and its outpatient and inpatient care services – a player in both sectors?” and “Inpatient physician services in cross-sectoral competition: care spectrum, interdependencies and differences” as well as her PhD, she investigates the outpatient service provision in the hospital sector. In addition, Ms. Volkert was involved in the Innovation Fund-funded project “Evaluation of the Effectiveness of SAPV in North Rhine (APVEL).”
- Secondary data analysis
- Regional health services research
- Intersectoral health services research
- APVEL – Evaluation of specialized outpatient palliative care
- The acute care hospital and its outpatient and inpatient medical services: A player in both sectors?
- Inpatient physician services in intersectoral competition: spectrum of care, interdependencies, and differences in care
- MAM-Care – Maternal involvement, centeredness, safety and care in obstretics
- Peter, S., Volkert, A. M., Pfaff, H., Radbruch, L., Rolke, R., Voltz, R., & Scholten, N. (2020). General Practitioners’ Perspectives on General and Specialized Palliative Home Care in North Rhine, Germany: An Explorative Focus Group Study. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, 46(1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049909120920541
- Volkert, A., Pfaff, H. & Scholten, N. (2020). What Really Matters? Organizational Versus Regional Determinants of Hospitals Providing Medical Service Centres. Health Policy, 124(12), 1354–1362. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthpol.2020.07.011